Dr. Ahmad Soolari
Dr. Soolari earned his doctorate from the University of Mississippi School of Dentistry in 1990, where he received several academic awards. He received his specialty training in periodontics from Eastman Dental Center and Master of Science degree from the University of Rochester, Rochester, New York. He achieved the distinction of Diplomate of the American Board of Periodontology in 1997. Dr. Soolari is a dental consultant with the National Naval Medical Center, Postgraduate Periodontics, Dental School in Bethesda, MD. He was a Clinical Associate Professor in the Department of Periodontics at the University of Maryland Dental School and a Research Associate with the New York University College of Dentistry.
Professional memberships include: American Dental Association, American Board of Periodontology, Maryland State Dental Association (MSDA), and International Academy of Periodontology.
His extensive resume also includes the following notable achievements:
- Diplomate and Examiner of the American Board of Periodontology
- Dental Consultant at the Walter Reed National Military Medical Center, Postgraduate Periodontics, Bethesda, Maryland
- Practitioner-Investigator with the NDPBRN (National Dental Practitioner-Based Research Network), conducted by the University of Rochester, Rochester NY
- Editorial Board of Journal of Clinical Advances in Periodontics, Journal of the International Academy of Periodontology (JIAP), Medical Science Monitor (MSM) and the Journal of Implant and Advance Clinical Dentistry
- M.S. degree: University of Rochester, Rochester, New York
- Certificate in Periodontics from the Eastman Dental Ctr, Univ of Rochester
- D.M.D degree from the University of Mississippi in 1990
Ahmad Soolari, George Kestin and Amin Soolari: Meeting the challenge of replacing mandibular anterior teeth with a dental implant: Clinical case report. Dentistry Today, 2017 April (In Press)
Ahmad Soolari and Amin Soolari: Management of non-treatable mandibular anterior tooth with dental implants. Dentistry Today, 2016 November; Vol 35 (11), 105-109
Ahmad Soolari, Nafiseh Soolari, Habibeh Shams & Jasim Albandar. Factors influencing patient acceptance of Treatment Plans at a Private Periodontal practice. The Journal of Implant & Advance Clinical dentistry, Vol 7, No. 8, October 2015.
- Ahmad Soolari, Shahriar Shahami: Periodontal Plastic Surgery in esthetic Zone. A Cooperative Approach to Excellent in Esthetics and Optimal Function. Inside Dentistry, 2015 July; 54-59
- Ahmad Soolari, Amin Soolari, Rand Alobaidi. Management of mandibular anterior teeth with gingival recession. Dentistry Today, 2015 February; 34(2); 62-65
- Ahmad Soolari and Asghar Khan: Central Odontogenic Fibroma of the Gingiva: The Open Dentistry Journal, 2014, 8, 280-288
- George Felt & Ahmad Soolari, Interdisciplinary trauma management in an elderly patient, a case report: The Open Dentistry Journal, 2014, 8, 201-06
- Ahmad Soolari, Duane Erickson, Amin Soolari. Orthodontic
Forced Eruption. A team approach in Aesthetic treatment. Dentistry Today, 2014 Jul; 33
- Ahmad Soolari, and Nafiseh Soolari: Letter to
Editor: Importance of Early Detection of Squamous Cell Carcinoma: Dentistry Today,
- Ahmad Soolari, and Nafiseh Soolari: Importance of Early
Detection of Squamous Cell Carcinoma: Dentistry Today, 2014 April; 33 (4):
- Ahmad Soolari, and Nafiseh Soolari:
Management of Plaque-related Soft Tissue Trauma: Dentistry Today, 2013 Jul; 32(7):96,
Soolari: Guided Tissue Regeneration with bone grafting for treatment of
Peri-implantitis induced by retained cement. The Journal of Implant and
Advanced Clinical Dentistry: September 2012, Volume 4, No. 4
Soolari, A Soolari: Closure of an open wound associated with Bisphosphonate-Related Osteonecrosis of the
Jaw in a Breast Cancer Patient: The Open Dentistry Journal, 2011, 5, 163-167.
- A Soolari, E Soolari and N Shumaker:
Palatal tissue enlargement after subepithelial connective tissue graft harvest
associated with anabolic steroid abuse: Clinical Advances in Periodontics. 2011,
Vol. 1, 23-28.
Soolari, A Soolari and Ahmad Soolari: Phosphate buffer-stabilized 0.1% chlorine
dioxide-containing mouth wash facilitate sequestration of Bishphosphonate
Related Osteonecrosis of jaw (BRONJ) lesion from a patient who presented with Osteonecrosis of
the jaw and a history of intravenous bisphosphonate use: Case Report.
Translational Biomedicine: August 2010, Volume 1, No 1:7
- Soolari A S. Compliance and its roll on successful treatment of an advanced periodontal case. Review of literature and a case report. Quinntessence International, 2002,33:389-396. Translated into German & Japanese.
Adjunct Clinical Professor, American Red Cross Volunteer since 2003 - 2016 at the National Naval Medical Center
Clinical Associate Professor, Department of Periodontology, Post Doctoral Residency Program at University of Maryland School of Dentistry
Election Judge for Gubernatorial Primary Election, Maryland
Western Maryland Mission of Mercy: Provide dental treatment to people who could not otherwise afford dental care.